Buttery Garlic Naan Breads are so mushy and excellent for mopping up curries, you’ll discover it arduous to cease at one!
This Garlic Naan Bread recipe is healthier than those you’ll discover on the BEST Indian eating places! These pillowy mushy naan breads are so addictive, you’ll love how fast and simple this recipe is to make! Your new favourite yeast bread recipe!
GARLIC NAAN BREAD RECIPE
Crave It All right here sharing our recipe for garlic naan bread; a favourite spin on a standard flat bread from India. Usually baked inside scorching Tandoor ovens with charcoal or wooden hearth, our naan bread recipe has been altered to cook dinner them proper on the range in a scorching cast-iron skillet.
We use a mixture of yogurt and oil to offer them an addictive mushy and fluffy texture, and add minced garlic proper into the dough to offer us an ideal garlicky taste.
You’ll be amazed watching them puff up into superb breads proper in entrance of you in seconds!
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NAAN BREAD AND PITA BREAD
Each flatbreads are made with a yeast raised dough, nevertheless Pita bread has a tougher texture when in comparison with Naan. Whereas pita bread solely incorporates flour, water, yeast, salt and a few olive oil; naan is made with a fattier, extra enriched dough together with ghee (clarified butter), oil, yogurt and generally eggs. This provides naan its completely different texture.
TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE GARLIC NAAN BREAD
We begin off with a fundamental naan dough, like this one for our tremendous mushy naan breads.
- First, you’re going to activate your yeast.
- Combine all of these elements collectively till the dough comes collectively together with your fingers.
- Knead till easy, then switch to a evenly greased bowl. You should utilize the identical bowl you combined the dough in to save lots of dishes.
- Cowl with plastic wrap and let double in dimension.
- Divide dough into 10 balls and roll every bit into massive ovals about 6-inches lengthy and 1/8-inch thick. The thinner you roll them, the extra air pockets kind inside them whereas cooking.
- Get a evenly greased skillet good and HOT. The excessive warmth makes the dough rise quick and fills the breads with air.
- Prepare dinner garlic naan bread till bubbles kind, then flip and cook dinner till massive golden spots seem on the underside. Flatten the breads with a spatula whereas cooking to make sure they cook dinner by means of.
- Wrap cooked garlic naan bread in a clear kitchen towel and maintain them wrapped whereas cooking remaining breads.
- Elective: brush your heat cooked naan with slightly melted garlic butter; high with coarse salt and contemporary chopped cilantro.
Serve with Tikka Masala or Butter Hen, or use them to make wraps. Substitute garlic naan breads for tortillas for quesadillas, or for easy naan pizzas!
HOW TO STORE GARLIC NAAN BREAD
When you plan on storing your naan breads, don’t brush them with the garlic butter. When cooked, let cool utterly to room temperature to forestall condensation. Switch to ziplock baggage and retailer at room temperature for as much as 2 days, or refrigerate for as much as Four days.
When able to eat, warmth them up on a pan over low-medium warmth, or within the microwave for 10 seconds. Brush with garlic butter and luxuriate in!
Comply with the identical steps above (retailer plain — no garlic butter) and retailer within the freezer for as much as 2 months. Frozen naan bread thaws shortly at room temperature. Reheat within the microwave or on a skillet over low-medium warmth, then brush with garlic butter.
MORE BREAD RECIPES
Simple Flatbread Recipe (No Yeast)
Artisan Bread Recipe
Simple Buttermilk Cornbread
Garlic Naan Breads are so mushy and excellent for mopping up curries, you’ll discover it arduous to cease at one! Similar to the very best Indian eating places, this can turn into your new favourite naan recipe!
SAVE go to your favorites
Serves: 10 naan breads
- 1/4 cup heat water
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 half teaspoons energetic dry yeast or prompt (fast rise)
- 3/4 cup heat milk
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or pure plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil plus 2 tablespoons additional for cooking
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups plain flour plus additional for dusting — 19 half oz. or 560g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
GARLIC BUTTER TOPPING
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon contemporary chopped cilantro or parsley
FOR NAAN BREAD
Mix collectively the water, sugar and yeast. Let sit for 5-10 minutes or till the combination begins to bubble on high
Add within the milk, yogurt, oil, minced garlic, flour baking powder and salt. Combine till the dough comes collectively together with your fingers.
Flip dough out onto evenly floured floor. Use floured fingers to knead the dough till easy, about Three to five minutes.
Evenly grease the identical mixing bowl with a small spray of cooking oil. Switch dough to the bowl and canopy with plastic wrap. Let relaxation at room temperature for about an hour till doubled in dimension.
When able to cook dinner, divide the dough into 10 equal items. Roll into balls, then use a rolling pin to roll every bit of dough into a big oval, about 6-inches lengthy and 1/8-inch thick. Repeat with remaining dough.
Warmth a big forged iron skillet over medium-high warmth. Grease skillet throughout with half teaspoon of the additional oil.
Place one piece of the naan on the oiled scorching skillet and cook dinner till bubbles kind on high, about 1-2 minutes. Whereas cooking, brush the highest with slightly oil.
Flip and cook dinner for one more 1-2 minutes, till massive golden spots seem on the underside.
Take away from the skillet and wrap in a clear kitchen towel. Repeat with the remaining naan (maintain them wrapped in a towel whilst you work).
FOR GARLIC BUTTER TOPPING
Energy: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fats: 10g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 2mg