This recipe makes an Simple Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Cake that tastes nice served along with your favourite frosting, all-fruit preserves, and even sliced fruit. Contributed by Kim Lutz, from Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Scrumptious Allergen- & Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes ?(Sterling, ?2011).
Simple Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Cake
Makes one 8- or 9-inch cake (Eight items)
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup rice milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively each flours, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix canola oil, rice milk, and vanilla. Add moist elements to dry. Stir apple cider vinegar into batter. Pour batter into oiled cake pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clear.
*This put up comprises affiliate hyperlinks. If the product is bought by linking by means of this evaluation, VegKitchen receives a modest fee, which helps keep our website and helps it to proceed rising!
This put up was initially printed on 20 September 2011.