Sure, at the moment’s featured ulam is yet one more yummilicious model of my Bistek Tagalog. We had this final week. Bistek is an everyday on the menu rotation right here at house. Why not, diba? It’s simple to cook dinner, scrumptious, and has a couple of substances.
We find it irresistible with numerous onions and an overwhelming calamansi style. And I all the time use numerous calamansi to make that occur. This time what’s totally different about my bistek is that I used SaintC All Pure Calamansi. It resulted with the identical style as if I used recent ones.
SaintC is bottled recent calamansi. What I really like about it’s which you could retailer it within the fridge and it lasts for six months in contrast to recent calamansi that spoils in a few weeks. This can be utilized the identical as you do recent calamansi — pwedeng juice, sawsawan, marinade.
Subsequent model of bistek I’m planning to strive is Rooster Bistek. Nakapagluto na ba kayo nun?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 600g Sirloin, sliced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- four tbsp calamansi juice, I used saintC calamansi focus
- ½ cup water
- 5 onions, sliced into rings
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- pinch of pepper
- patis to style
- In a big bowl, mix the soy sauce, calamansi juice, and pepper. Combine nicely.
- Marinate beef sirloin within the combination for no less than 30 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, warmth oil. Sauté onion slices till it’s a bit bit caramelized. Put aside.
- In the identical pan, fry the sirloin till gentle brown. Add marinade and water.
- Stir and convey to a boil. Flip warmth to low and simmer for 20 minutes or till tender.
- Add onions and wait till it simmers. Flip off warmth.
- Serve with steamed rice with a dipping sauce of patis-calamansi with siling labuyo.
♥ In case you make this recipe, kindly snap a photograph and tag @thepeachkitchen on Instagram (OR hashtag it #thepeachkitchen). I’d like to see what you cook dinner!